Gotta Love those Pecan Sandies!
23 Jun, 22
Time to sneak in a few of those melt-in-your-mouth shortbread cookies that Mom used to make – it’s National Pecan Sandy Day! Here’s an easy recipe from “Chew Out Loud” to help you celebrate:
- 1 cup salted butter (chopped and chilled)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup roasted pecans (finely chopped)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Mix butter, brown sugar, and flour.
- Knead dough for 2 minutes and work in pecans.
- Divide dough and roll into 1 ½’ diameter logs.
- Wrap logs airtight and chill dough for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Slice into ½’ thick cookies and place each cookie 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Add chopped pecans on top.
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Gourmet goodies are great for client appreciation as well. Try sending our Amaretti Gift Box right to their doorstep!